It is important for truths to feel true in our bodies, rather than to be just known as true in our heads. The more relaxed our bodies are, the more true the truths will feel. Therefore it is important to use installation methods if necessary to help us feel that the words are true. One way is to use imagery as is described in the “Creating a Powerful Inner Resource” article. Another method is to tap in the truth as is outlined in the”Emotional Freedom Technique”. Both of these are available on this site.
Here are some important core beliefs that are important truths to install:
-I am lovable and acceptable just I am.
-I am good. My behavior is sometimes bad, but my intentions are good.
– I behave badly when I am feeling badly, like others.
– I am perfectly good enough without being perfect. Nobody is perfect.
– I am always doing my best, given what I know and feel and the circumstances.
– Therefore I, and others, deserve compassion, not judgment.
– It is okay that there are many things beyond my control. I am just human.
– I deserve good treatment.
– Having been treated badly does not mean that I deserved it.
-I am entitled to all my feelings. Judging myself for feeling something only creates more suffering. With self-acceptance, if I recognize the feeling is ungrounded, then I can help myself with it.
– My needs, feelings, and well-being are important. I have the right and the responsibility to take good care of myself.
– If I truly approve of myself, I do not need external approval nor need to worry about judgment from others.
– When I am grounded, I can trust myself.
– I want to be kind, gentle , and understanding with myself, which is what I deserve, and which works best.
– It is impossible and unnecessary to please everybody all the time.
– It is okay to make mistakes. All human beings make mistakes.
– Mistakes are opportunities to learn and grow.
– I want to nurture feelings of gratitude, celebration, and self appreciation.
– I am neither inferior nor superior to anybody else. We are all equal in worth. Everyone has their own unique set of strengths and weaknesses.
– The past is over. I am safe now. I can be a good advocate for myself now.
– If I am too angry, it is best for me to disengage temporarily to prevent doing harm.
– Apologizing and forgiving lead to more peace.
This is obviously not a complete list of important truths, so you can add your own. The more time you spend feeling a truth as true, the more you will find yourself living out of it feeling true, and the more grounded and calm you will be able to remain.